GPUSPH Version 5 was released a few days ago and I’m excited to give it a go. The full release notes are available on their site but some of the highlights are:
- possibility to create GPUSPH simulation scenarios using the SALOME platform;
- Hu & Adams formulation for multi-fluid support;
- additional models for the viscous contribution to the Navier–Stokes equations (Monaghan, Español & Revenga);
- more sophisticated specification of the viscous model options, including separate specifications for the turbulence model, averaging operator and fluid rheology;
- support for several non-Newtonian rheologies including Bingham plastic, granular rheology, and the Herschel–Bulkley and DeKee & Turcotte rheological models;
- versioned interface to define simulation scenarios, with XProblem corresponding to Problem API version 1;
- experimental support for a repacking phase before the simulation starts.
I’m looking forward to getting my teeth into this and seeing how it goes.
Finally, thanks for reading this article and please leave a comment below. If you are interested in being updated when similar items are posted then either subscribe via RSS or sign up to my mailing list below.